Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ceremony

So I meant this to be a place to collect some details...where Pinterest would be a place to collect ideas I guess?  So here's a few snaps of what will be our ceremony site.  We took these pics last fall, after the wedding season was over, so it's a bit worse for the wear.  It's an old 3 sided barn that was where they held farmer's markets back in the day.  Since we're not part of a church here and my dad is officiating, there wasn't a clear cut place to have the ceremony. We went back and forth till we finally found this place, right across the street from the recepion!

I stole the idea from another Festhalle bride--it's only $100 to rent, and while it needs some work (that will be Mark's job of course) it's a perfect location.  I've sort of fallen into this weird collection of peeps who pass ideas around after using these big old spaces in Amana.  I wasn't anticipating this when we booked the barn, but it's been fun.  I've bought some decorations off a few of them, and have been able to email back and forth for ideas with others.  Good stuff. 

 Looking to the "altar"


 Looking back from the front
 
It's a raw space but with some chairs and decor it does clean up well--this is from the girl whose idea I stole :)

 
So that's the ceremony space.  As for the how the actual ceremony is going to go...we have no idea.  But there's time for that! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment